Happy Earth Day!
Happy Earth Day! With all that Mama Earth has given to us from the food we eat to the mountains we hike through, we owe it to her to protect her and keep her clean. How can we do this? First and foremost - RECYCLING! Companies are finding different ways to repurpose things and making products out of recyclable materials. We've picked some awesome products to help incorporate eco-friendly practices into your beauty routine and fashion style!
1. Pearanormal Activity Cleansing Wipes | Güd by Burt’s Bees | $3.00 – These refreshing pear-scented wipes are paraben, phthalates and petroleum-free! Use them to freshen up after a quick workout or a long day!
2. Natural Beauty Bar Relaxing Soap | Tom’s of Maine | $2.99 - Made from natural ingredients, this calming lavender bar soap leaves skin feeling clean and fresh.
3. Organic Wear Mascara | Physicians Formula | $9.99 – A 100% natural origin, this gives eyelashes the false lash effect without the irritation of synthetic lashes.
4. St. Tropez Wild Crafted Healing Lip Gloss | Rozgé Cosmeceutical | $25 – This natural, organic lip gloss is made with wild crafted ingredients to moisturize, heal, and protect lips while giving them a gorgeous nude shimmer. Available in 22 colors from Barcelona Red to Lisbon Plum, the lip gloss wand lights up for easy application anywhere with the use of the side mirror.
5. Argan Beautiful Eyes Eyeshadow in Nudes | Josie Maran | $36 – This kid comes with four eye shadows and one shadow liner that compliment each other perfectly. Made from natural ingredients, this vegan friendly product is even recyclable.
6. Match Box Tote Bag | Love Mert. | $204 – Each one of a kind bag is made with recycled and repurposed materials including leather, wood and hand printed textiles.
7. 14k Gold Pebble Band Ring | Andrea Bonelli | $360 – Crafted from 100% recycled yellow gold, this delicate band is finished with a brushed look. Want a different color? This designer offers custom colors!
8. Masino Duo 3” Stripe Organic Scarf in Chocolate & Honey Yellow | Nepali by TDM Design | $130 – This simplistic scarf is hand crafted by the women of Nepal. The designer promotes social sustainability with fashion and quality, using the finest materials from the region.
9. Honoré Des Prés Perfume | Nu Green | $84 – The trails of mint leaves with dewy grass and hints of Indian botanical musk intertwine with hints of tarragon and cedar wood. This vegan and organic perfume come in an eco-friendly reusable glass bottle.
10. Bamboo Body Scrub | Chosen Selection | $10 – Made with bamboo shoots, this natural body scrub foams on wet skin. Use it in the shower for an intense exfoliation that leaves skin incredibly smooth!
11. Hemp Intensive Hand Butter | The Body Shop | $20 – A heavy-duty hydrating treatment that restores moisture to hard-working hands. Made from community fair trade ingredients including honey, hemp and shea butter.
12. Rosemary & Thyme Candle | Paddywax Apothecary | $24 – Made from soy wax, this fresh, natural scent has a 45-50 hour burn time. Once the candle is finished, repurpose the jar as a small flower bud vase or as a makeup brush holder.
13. Nature’s Call Toilet Deodorizer Spray | Rozgé | $9.95 – Made from natural essential oils, spray Nature’s Call directly into the toilet before using it (yes, it’s safe for toilets and septic systems!). Once it has been sprayed, this toilet deodorizer creates a film over the top, trapping in any pungent smells while giving off a fresh, clean nature scent.